1. What is the admission fee to the Carnival?
Admission to the Carnival grounds is free!
However, there may be controlled entry for crowd control purposes on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve and during bad weather conditions.
2. How do I pay for Carnival rides and games?
Rides and games are paid through Carnival cards (also known as RFID cards). Credits that are available for purchase will be applicable for rides, games, and food & beverage. Bonus credits that are issued by the Prudential Marina Bay Carnival will only be applicable for rides and games. Bonus credits are not available for sale nor transferrable.
Cash and credit cards are accepted to purchase stored credits for Carnival rides and games.
$1 = 1 Carnival credit
3. What are the operating hours of the carnival?
Carnival will be open from 22 December 2018 to 24 March 2019 from 4pm to 11pm (last entry at 10:30pm), with extended hours on New Years’ Eve till 2am. Blackout days (Carnival will be closed to public on these dates/time):
Blackout days (Carnival will be closed to public on these dates/time):
- 18th January 2019
- 24th January 2019, 4-7pm
- 15th February 2019, 4-7pm
4. Can I bring my own food and water to the carnival?
Food and drinks purchased outside the Carnival’s premises are not allowed.
5. Is there any particular dress code?
Proper footwear is encouraged but come as you are.
6. What am I not allowed to bring?
We encourage everyone to have as much fun as possible at the games we have specially brought in to the Carnival, however, the safety of our patrons is of utmost importance to us.
The items prohibited on Carnival grounds include but are not limited to:
- Alcoholic beverages purchased outside of the carnival
- Weapons of any kind or object that appear to be weapons (toy guns, toy blasters, squirt guns, etc.)
- Folding chairs
- Glass containers (excluding baby food jars and perfume bottles)
- Pets (unless they are service animals, defined as any dog or miniature horse trained to do work or perform tasks for the benefit of an individual with a disability)
- Tripod stands or monopod stands that cannot fit inside a standard backpack
- Personal mobility devices (e-scooter, e-skateboards, no bicycles)
- Sharp items
Please do not bring anything that may be potentially harmful or disruptive.
Items that are wrapped, concealed or suspicious items will be subject to further inspection.
RFID Card FAQ
1. What type of credits are there and what are they valid for?
Credits that are available for purchase will be applicable for rides, games, and food & beverage. Bonus credits that are issued by Marina Bay Carnival will only be applicable for rides and games. Bonus credits are not available for sale nor transferrable.
2. Where can I purchase a Carnival RFID Card?
The card is easy to get once you're at the carnival. Go to carnival's box offices at the gate or the top-up boxes to purchase yours. Alternatively, purchase online via this website. After purchasing your credits online, an electronic ticket with a unique embedded QR code will be sent to your email address. Present the electronic ticket via your phone or tablet at our box offices onsite between 22 December 2018 to 24 March 2019 to claim your card. Kindly note the blackout dates and timings mentioned above.
3. How much is an RFID card?
RFID cards are free with minimum top up of S$1 and the value will be stored in the card.
4. Where can the RFID card be used?
Each card can be used during the Carnival’s operational hours from 4pm to 11pm. Credits purchased and stored in the RFID card can only be used for payment of Carnival rides, games and food & beverage.
5. Where do I top-up my RFID card and is there a specific top-up amount?
You can top-up your RFID card at the top-up boxes at the Carnival.
1 credit is the minimum top-up amount for the RFID card and the maximum amount is 300 credits. More than one card will be issued if the amount credited is above $300.
6. How long can I use my RFID card for?
You can use your RFID card until 24th March 2019. Please note that remaining credits in the RFID card are non-refundable.